Nikon did not announce any new cameras at January's CES 2011 trade show, but the company is making up for lost time at the CP+ trade show in Japan, where Nikon is announcing eight new Coolpix point and shoot cameras.
- Coolpix L24. Nikon has included a high-end, 3.6X optical zoom Nikkor lens with the L24 ($119.95 MSRP).
- Coolpix L120. A 21X optical zoom lens and easy-to-use features highlight the L120 ($279.95).
- Coolpix P300. High-end lens glass is a key component in the P300 ($329.95, pictured here), which includes wide angle capabilities.
- Coolpix P500. You'll find a 36X optical zoom lens with the P500 ($399.95).
- Coolpix S3100. Nikon has created the S3100 ($139.95) as an especially small and compact model, offering 14 megapixels of resolution.
- Coolpix S4100. A 3.0-inch, high resolution LCD highlights the S4100 ($179.95).
- Coolpix S6100. The S6100 ($199.95) offers a 7X optical zoom lens and a touch screen LCD.
- Coolpix S9100. Nikon has paired a stylish camera body with an impressive 18X optical zoom lens with the S9100 ($329.95).
I will have more details on these cameras in my blog closer to their actual release dates, beginning in late February.
Photo courtesy Nikon