1. Technology
Kyle Schurman

Looking for the Best Viewfinder Cameras? Read My Updated List

By October 23, 2013

One of the most common complaints I hear from readers about the current state of the digital camera market is the lack of viewfinders included with cameras.

Most cameras today make you frame photos using the LCD and don't contain viewfinders, so you may have to hunt quite a bit to find a camera with a viewfinder, especially a point and shoot type of camera.

Hopefully my new list of the best cameras that contain viewfinders with help you spend less time hunting. Just click the link to read my list of both fixed-lens point and shoot cameras as well as interchangeable lens cameras, all at varying price points, such as the newly released Canon G16 camera pictured here.

Photo courtesy Canon

Comments
August 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm
(1) Ivan Berger says:

The Canon doesn’t “build on” prior Rebels by “adding a viewfinder”–all the Rebels have been DSLRs, which have viewfinders by definition.

Canon has two models similar to the Nikon P7100–why omit them?

And while the Sony Alpha SLT-A55V includes a viewfinder, it’s not true that “most interchangeable lens cameras” do. Except for SLRs (and the Leica Ms) most don’t–and the main exception is Sony’s NEX-7..

August 6, 2012 at 5:16 pm
(2) Ivan Berger says:

Let me correct my correction: All Rebels have been SLRs, but not all have been digital.

September 6, 2012 at 10:25 pm
(3) Kneepayne says:

This article is so-so because:
Canon Rebel T3i is, as all Rebels, a Single Lens Reflex, SLR. from the first film Rebel to today’s T4i, all Rebels are SLRs. As such they have a viewfinder.

Canon had the G series cameras, G12 or the new G1X, for example that are not DSLRs. This series has an Optical Viewfinder.

September 6, 2012 at 10:27 pm
(4) Kneepayne says:

Whoops, Canon HAS the G series…. Finger check 8^(

October 29, 2013 at 3:16 pm
(5) martin petersen says:

Some viewfinder cameras are available in the UK because of the preference for them in our islands – my Sony HX1 ‘bridge’ camera for one.

December 11, 2013 at 7:11 am
(6) digital camera review says:

Viewfinder cameras are talk of the town these days and choosing from them is a daunting task.