Have you ever purchased an extended warranty on a camera or other product? Share your experiences with extended warranties, good and bad!
I have an excellent experience
- I bought 4 years extended waranty for my laptop and was so worthy! In that period, it broke 3 times, and they repaired it without extra charge and without any problem. From then on, I always buy extended warranties for my expensive electrical items.
- —Guest Alejandra Ureta
- I bought an extended warranty for my daughter's Canon D10 PowerShot, which developed a fault one month outside the guarantee period. Allianz organized the repair, but after six weeks without spare parts, Allianz refunded the cost of a replacement camera. The original extended warranty cost 19 pounds but, one year later, the price to insure the new camera has risen to 53 pounds. How's that for inflation? I am looking for a cheaper deal, but I think I will take out another extended warranty. Any suggestions would be welcome.
- —Guest Eileen
Extended Warranties worth it
- We have had extended warranties on our camera's through Ritz and yes - we have dropped them both, and have had both replaced at some point over the past couple years. Replaced. Easy. No hassles.
- —Guest Membername
Worked for us
- Purchased camera from Argos. Developed a fault, slow loss of LCD, one pixel column at a time. Took it back to Argos...model discontinued...got a refund of purchase price. Simplicity was the key, with no argument whatsoever.
- —Guest Chris
- I bought a camera with Jessica Hua but the lens of it isn't routine work and be seriously invision.However J advised that take to repair group and get a receipt after repair work.Now the Camera Ixus 860i is in normal after three day repairing as regulaer as the annousemtn explaining book.
- —Guest Maashi
- This is a tough one. A lot of the dealers will deny claim if you drop it or get it wet. I would guess that's where most of the problems occur. I never get a warranty.
wolfe/ritz extended warranty
- purchased a no fault extended warranty on my daughter's camera. She dropped the lens and it was repaired no questions asked.
- —Guest shilohdad
- I recently purchased a 2 year warranty on my new Canon Rebel xti from Wolfe camera. I recently heard that they may be going out of business. That disturbed me. I called the store and they did say they were filing chapter 11( i think thats right) but that they were trying to stay in business. Did I just waste money buying a warrenty?
- I say yes to extended warranties. I got my camera from Best Buy, purchased the warranty and within a year had to use the warranty. I had no problem whatsoever. Best Buy honored the warranty, and I got a better camera. Purchased the warranty on that one also, and within the year had to use the warranty again. Best Buy once again honored the warranty with no problem. I love my camera and I would not even think about not getting the extended warranty. Just hold onto your paperwork. I think that plays a BIG part on what is honored. Each time I traded my camera in for a better one.
- —Guest Marlene
Good Warranty experience
- I purchased a Canon PowerShot S3IS and used it for about one month when a grinding noise develoved as the lens went in or out. It was sent in for repair, but I was leaving for Africa and needed a camera. I purchased another camera and went on the month-long trip. When I returned home, I checked on t he camera and was told it was not repairable so buy another camera. I told them I already had and they immediately gave me a check for the amount of the new camera. This store was Best Buy. I had paid $79.00 for a 2-year warranty. In this case, it was well worth the money spent on the warranty as the new Canon had cost a little over $450.00. I also have a Canon SD 1100 IS which was only $200.00 so did not buy a warranty for that camera. On an expensive camera, however, I feel it's worth the money spent, if you're comfortable with the store from which you buy.
- I bought an extended warranty on a Sony H2 for 59.99 for four years. My daughter took it to Can Cun and the shutter button came off. I took it to Best Buy and they sent it off and fixed it and adjusted it and cleaned it. no cost
- —Guest Marion