Canon today is announcing two new DSLR cameras, the EOS Rebel T3i and the EOS Rebel T3.
Canon is calling the Rebel T3i (pictured here) its new flagship Rebel camera, and it carries a 3.0-inch, vari-angle high-resolution LCD screen. You can find the T3i in stores next month for an MSRP of $799.99 for the body only.
The T3 is a beginner-level DSLR camera, offering a 12.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor. It will be available in about two months for $599.99 for the camera body and a kit lens.
Additionally, Canon has announced four new PowerShot point and shoot cameras today, all of which include the "HS System" (high sensitivity system), which aims to improve low-light performance.
- PowerShot Elph 100 HS. The Elph 100 ($199.99) is aimed at beginners, offering a 4X optical zoom lens.
- PowerShot Elph 300 HS. With a 12.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor, the Elph 300 ($249.99) can shoot low-light images.
- PowerShot Elph 500 HS. You'll find a 3.2-inch touch screen LCD with the Elph 500 ($299.99).
- PowerShot SX230 HS. The SX230 ($349.99) includes a 14X optical zoom lens. (In addition, Canon is announcing the SX220 HS in Europe only, which is similar to the SX-230.)
Finally, Canon is announcing a few DSLR accessories, including:
- Speedlite 320EX. A built-in LED can provide continuous light with the 320EX (MSRP $249.99).
- Speedlite 270EX II. The 270EX II ($169.99) can run from two AA batteries. Both Speedlites will be available in April.
- EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens. This lens ($11,999) weighs 27% less than its predecessor.
- EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM lens. Canon has reduced the weight of this lens ($9,499) by 18%. Look for these lenses to be available this summer.
Look for more details in my blog on these two Rebel DSLR cameras, on the four PowerShot cameras, and on the other Canon accessories closer to the dates when they are available for sale.
Photo courtesy Canon